Whether you are running a multi-million dollar corporation, an individual or a small business, when you are facing litigation, you need an attorney on your side. A California civil litigation attorney can help make sure that your rights are protected and that your business is not negatively impacted. We can help resolve some of the following types of disputes:
- Business Disputes – issues between business partners, intellectual property disputes and more.
- Contract Disputes – when someone is not fulfilling their obligation under a contract, we will fight hard to protect your rights.
- Employment and Labor Law – when you are involved in a dispute with an employee or an independent contractor, you need someone who understands labor laws.
- Insurance Claims Litigation – insurance companies owe an obligation to their customers to pay legitimate claims. When they fail to hold up their end of the contract, we will work hard to hold them accountable.
- Landlord/Tenant Litigation – including habitability issues, security deposit issues and evictions.
Civil litigation involves on person filing a lawsuit against another. While most lawsuits involve money, in some cases, it may be necessary to file a suit to force someone to take a specific action or refrain from a specific action. Unfortunately, between discovery and information exchanges, this process can be very lengthy. Civil actions may involve mediation, arbitration, hearings or trails. In some cases, hearings are held at administrative agencies or may proceed to local, state or federal courts. While none of us likes the idea of having to settle issues in court, sometimes this may be the only option available if the dispute cannot be resolved. Regardless of the circumstances of the dispute, having an attorney work with you through the process makes good common sense.
Those who are facing any type of lawsuit should never try to resolve the issue without involving a competent attorney. Too often, those who try to represent themselves discover they have additional issues down the road. The laws regarding civil matters can be very complicated and for most people, a civil litigation attorney can help you resolve the matter quickly and efficiently.
If you are involved in a dispute with a landlord, a business owner or employee, contact the Law Offices of John S. Mohun at 530-550-1778. We will work hard to ensure that your rights are protected and that we help you resolve your legal issues before they spiral out of control.